Helping you select the ideal crewed yacht for you and your charter group plus actually booking the charter constitute only a small portion of the services that Carefree Yacht Charters® provides for their clients at no additional cost.
Upon confirming your charter our work as Charter Experts has just begun. There are key details which will require attention, such as completing our Carefree Yacht Charters® Charter Information & Preference Sheet. This form, developed after completing 300 week long charters in the BVI aboard our own crewed yachts, gives you the opportunity to list your specific food, beverage and activity requests for the yacht.
Other considerations include itinerary details, possible trip insurance, fishing licenses for your BVI charter, plus various questions that will certainly arise as your charter approaches. Count on Carefree Yacht Charters® to expertly answer all of your questions, address any concerns from your charter group, plus keep you abreast of any upcoming deadlines or details that require your attention. After all, we want to ensure that your entire booking process is Carefree, from start to finish!
- With our expert guidance, select your preferred charter yacht.
- We'll confirm availability and rates for the yacht.
- We'll place a complimentary 2 week hold on the yachts calendar. This hold can be challenged by another interested party. See details regarding a challenge for further information.
- At this point in the process, appropriate flights should be checked. It is recommended that you do not confirm any flights until we are in a position to confirm your charter. Learn more about flights to the BVI.
Charter Booking Process
In order to confirm a charter we will require two things:
- An appropriate deposit cleared in our escrow account.
- If a charter is more than 6 months from the charter start date a 25% deposit is required. The second 25% deposit is due 6 months prior to the charter start date and the final 50% payment will be due 60 days prior to the charter start date.
- If a charter is less than 6 months from the charter start date a 50% deposit is required, with the final 50% payment due 60 days prior to the charter start date.
- If a charter is less than 60 days from the charter start date, a 100% deposit is required.
- We accept checks, wire transfers, or major credit cards for payment. Carefree Yacht Charters® accepts and processes the following major credit cards for your convenience and at no additional cost to you: MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. As these credit cards are accepted directly by Carefree Yacht Charters® within the continental United States, you avoid possible surcharges for credit card use or foreign transaction fees. (Limitations may apply.)
- A signed contract. We will send you our standard CYBA Contract contract (PDF) for your review and signature. Owner and Principle Charter Yacht Broker Lynne Campbell is an active member of CYBA (Charter Yacht Brokers Association). This standard contract protects all parties, including the client, yacht, and Charter Yacht Broker.
When we have the appropriate deposit and signed contract in hand we can confirm your charter. After the charter is confirmed, your signed contract is forwarded to the appropriate party for yacht owner's signature. At time of confirmation, your yacht and selected dates are locked in.
- If we wish to challenge another party's hold: we will need to have appropriate funds and signed contract in hand. We will officially "challenge" the hold and the other party will then have 48 business hours to confirm the charter on their end. If they fail to do so, the hold will become ours and we will have the next 48 business hours to confirm on our end.
- If our hold is challenged by another party: we will have the next 48 business hours to confirm the charter or give up the hold. Challenges are fairly rare, but do happen. Once you decide on a yacht, it is crucial to get your charter confirmed as quickly as possible.
A group of couples & friends that we booked aboard 58' Catamaran Braveheart in July, 2016 said:
I appreciate all the time YOU took to help get the charter set up as well as your patience with answering our questions and getting us to fill out the preferences sheet. Everyone I dealt with in setting up this vacation as well as executing it were fabulous.
Teresa H., Massachusetts
Your Charter Experts
Our charter FAQ's page may answer many of the other questions you may have regarding a crewed charter in the BVI. Contact the charter experts now to get immediate assistance regarding any questions you may have.
The Crewed Charter Yacht Experience
Personalized and private, embark on the vacation of a lifetime! Learn more about what these crewed charters offer.