Find out what charter type suits you best and discover more about the BVI Crewed Charter Experience.
There are six main charter types including our popular family yacht charters, charters for a group of couples, honeymoon and anniversary trips, dive charters, plus charters for tandem or corporate groups. Regardless of your charter type, Carefree Yacht Charters® will help you select the best yacht and crew to fit your specific group, charter interests and budget.
Contact us today to learn more about what these charters offer and to start planning your crewed charter yacht vacation.
Discover more about each charter type plus see our recommended yacht selections for each one or contact us directly so that we can guide you through the entire selection process.
- Family: Our most popular type of charter. A crewed charter is fun and educational for kids plus relaxing for parents. We offer an abundance of family friendly yachts and crews.
- Couples: We have a long list of options best suited to a group of couples. With all the details left to the Captain & Crew, you and your friends can sit back, relax and enjoy your vacation.
- Dive: We know and feature the best dive options in the fleet. We completed thousands of dives and hundreds of certifications as Dive Instructors in the BVI. Count on our expert guidance.
- Honeymoon: A private yacht is an ideal way to spend a honeymoon or anniversary. We feature yachts and crews that specifically cater to these special occasions.
- Tandem: Perfect for larger groups with two or more similar yachts sailing in tandem. Enjoy casual get-together's as you island hop your way through the islands in tandem.
- Corporate: A crewed charter is well suited for your next corporate retreat. For larger corporate events we can also offer tandem selections, with 2 or more yachts chartering together.
A group of couples that we booked aboard 56' Catamaran Altesse in February, 2017 said:
As I finally feel I am getting my feet back on dry ground, it’s been hard to do so. The trip was beyond my expectations on so many levels. An amazing trip in an amazing part of the earth. It was the most relaxing, fulfilling vacation I have ever been on! Expectations have been raised! I would like to be back there tomorrow.
Amber S. Iowa
We have 40 combined years of experience in the charter industry and we're a top 5 BVI Yacht Charter Company. We have unique, first-hand knowledge of the BVI, having owned and operated our own successful charter yacht in the BVI for 12 years. In addition, our top notch service and expert advice comes at no additional cost to you. See what our clients said about Carefree Yacht Charters®.
Contact us Today
Call us in our South Florida office at 954-980-9281, Toll Free at 888-670-6884, or complete our Quick Request Form. We'll quickly match you with a yacht and crew that fits your charter type, budget, style plus charter interests.
A fully crewed yacht charter in the BVI is a truly unique and extraordinary vacation experience. For many of our clients, they tell us it’s as a trip of a lifetime!
What makes our BVI crewed yacht charter experience so extraordinary?
- The Crew: Imagine a Captain and crew whose sole desire is to cater to your every whim and specifically tailor your charter around you and your group. Rely on Carefree to recommend the best yachts & crews based on your budget, style and interests.
- Multiple Island Visits: Enjoy the ability to visit a new island each day, each with its own unique character and charm. Your crew will keep you abreast of what each island offers and you can then pick and choose among the various activity options each day. Ask us about the most popular spots or the off the beaten path places.
- Flexible itineraries: In contrast to a cruise ship, your charter itinerary and crewed charter experience is extremely flexible and all based upon what you want to do and see. The Captain can easily adjust his itinerary choices throughout the charter based on what you and your group are enjoying the most as well of course, the weather at hand. Our typical charters are 7 nights in length and provide the most flexibility. Please note that we have a 5 night minimum.
- Varied Activity Options: Whether you want to sit back, relax and simply unplug on charter or engage in loads of water sports each day, we have you covered. We have experienced crews featuring high end service, fun-loving crews that are great with kids or active groups, plus know which crews that can cover the full spectrum or anything in between.
- Easy Trips between islands: On average, you can expect to spend about 1 ½ to 2 hours of easy movement between the various islands each day, whether motoring or sailing. The balance of your days will be spent in one of the beautiful BVI anchorages giving you plenty of time to relax, engage and explore.
Visit our FAQs page for more details and common questions regarding the chartering experience.
Contact us to learn more about the charter experience and which yacht and crew will suit you best.
Charter Experience Video
Watch a short video featuring 56' Catamaran Altesse to get a feel about the crewed charter experience. Altesse is one of our favorite mid-range luxury options with accommodations for up to 8 guests.
It's never too early to book your Christmas, New Years, or Spring Break charter in the BVI or other Caribbean destination. Top yachts and crews secure bookings up to one year in advance for these popular holiday time frames. While the BVI is by far the most popular destination, we encourage you to contact us directly regarding your interest in other areas, including charters from the BVI to the Grenadines.
Yacht Special Offers
View our current yacht special offers to discover which of our catamarans, sailboats and motor yachts are currently offering enticing specials.