Providing expert advice regarding the best yachts and crews along with booking your charter represent just a small segment of the services Carefree Yacht Charters provides. There are key details which will require our expertise throughout the process, from your initial contact until the time you step aboard your yacht. In addition, our prompt and knowledgeable guidance plus expertise as a top BVI broker come at no additional cost to you.
A sampling of key details that require our professional expertise:
- Contract use and understanding
- Trip insurance considerations
- Fiduciary responsibility regarding charter funds
- Completion of our exclusive online preference form
- Discussion regarding your best itinerary choices
- Unique insight into related details such as flights, hotel stays, inter island transfers, possible fishing licenses, scuba diving, etc.
Yacht Selection Steps
- With our expert guidance, select your preferred charter yacht and crew
- We’ll confirm availability and rates for the yacht
- We’ll place a complimentary 2 week hold on the yacht and dates. Please note that this hold can be challenged by another interested broker/party. See further details regarding a challenge below.
- Once a hold is in place, you should double check appropriate flights. It is recommended that you do not confirm any flights until we are in a position to confirm your charter. Learn more about getting to the BVI.
The Hold/Challenge Process
- A hold is good for two weeks. However, it can be challenged by another broker/party during regular business hours. If so, we would then have 48 business hours to confirm the charter on our end (with signed contract and appropriate deposit in our hands) or give up the hold to the challenging broker.
- If you wish to challenge a hold on another yacht, we will inform the Manager about our official challenge, and then the other broker/party will then have 48 business hours to confirm on their end or give up the dates to us. Before challenging, you need to be 100% certain that you will confirm the charter, should we gain control of the dates.
- Once your hold is in place, we’ll send you a contract for your review and have you sign up for a Carefree online account. An email/password combination you choose will give you and your charter group varying levels of access as you progress towards a booking.
- You’ll sign the appropriate industry contract and provide an appropriate deposit. A 25% deposit is due if your charter is more than 6 months out. A 50% deposit is due if your charter is less than 6 months out. For last minute charters within 1 month of the charter start date, a 100% deposit is due.
- We accept checks, wire transfers, direct deposits or major credit cards for payment. Carefree Yacht Charters® accepts and processes the following major credit cards for your convenience and at no additional cost to you: MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. As Carefree Yacht Charters® processes cards directly and within the continental United States, you avoid possible surcharges for credit card use or foreign transaction fees. (Limitations may apply.)
- Once we have your signed contract and deposit funds in hand, we will book your charter. Dependent on the yacht of your choice, the Owner may need to counter sign the contract before the charter is booked.
Balance of the Carefree Booking Process
- Once your charter is confirmed you will gain full access into your online charter area, which includes timeline details, valuable charter information, plus your online preference form.
- At this point you can sit back, relax and rest assured that we will keep you abreast of anything you should be doing or thinking about for your upcoming charter. After all, our goal is to keep the entire process as Carefree as possible!
A group of couples that we booked aboard 45' Catamaran Great Adventure in April, 2018 said:
With this being our first charter, we were a bit nervous and apprehensive on how to book a boat. After speaking with a few brokers, we ultimately landed on Carefree Yacht Charters. Lynne’s personality and patience with us first timers was what ultimately made the decision. The process was easy the entire way through. From selecting our initial boat all the way to a prompt follow-up the day we disembarked to ensure we had a great experience – and everything in between. Lynne spent a tremendous amount of time getting to know us so she could set us up with a boat and crew that delivered an amazing experience. Hurricanes happen. And Lynne delivers. After our initial boat had some bad damage, was missing its mast and the crew switched boats, Lynne stepped in. With her intimate knowledge of the contract, other options and having physically stepped on this boat and met the crew, she was able to secure a comparable (actually newer) boat and an amazing crew. The pictures of our boat didn’t do it justice and the crew over delivered. Basically the entire experience blew away our expectations. Even before our charter ended, we had shared Lynne’s info with friends who saw our photos on social media. Safe to say we’d book with Carefree again and would highly recommend!
Carrie & Ryan G., Virginia
Our Experience Makes Us Unique: We're a top Crewed Yacht Charter Company with over 25 years of industry experience. Our tenure includes 13 years in business as the Owners and Brokers of Carefree Yacht Charters plus 12 years as the Owners and Crew of our own highly successful yacht in the BVI, USVI & Caribbean. When combined, and with the ability to book any yacht you can dream of, we are uniquely qualified to expertly handle your vacation of a lifetime. Contact us today to get started.
Our Client Experience Sets Us Apart: Expect to experience carefree relaxation at its best. Our clients rely on prompt, honest and sound advice, a strict adherence to ethical and fiduciary responsibilities, an in-depth knowledge about the yachts, crews, and destinations we recommend, plus a Carefree Charter Process that results in trips of a lifetime, time and time again. Expect to experience carefree relaxation at its best. Expect to experience carefree relaxation at its best, take it from our clients and read what they have to say.
Contact us Today
Call us in our South Florida office at 954-980-9281, Toll Free at 888-670-6884, or complete our Quick Request Form. We'll match you with a charter that fits your budget, style and interests. Or, get started by viewing a sampling of our popular BVI yacht charters. Looking for a specific yacht? We can assist in brokering any yacht out there or that you're interested in. Rely on our expert advice about the best yachts and crews so that you can go on to enjoy your vacation carefree, as it should be.
Your Charter Experts
Our charter FAQ's page may answer many of the other questions you may have regarding a crewed charter in the BVI. Contact the charter experts now to get immediate assistance regarding any questions you may have.
The Crewed Charter Yacht Experience
Personalized and private, embark on the vacation of a lifetime! Learn more about what these crewed charters offer.