The Carefree Booking Process
Providing expert advice regarding the best yachts and crews along with booking your charter represent just a small segment of the services Carefree Yacht Charters provides. There are key details which will require our expertise throughout the process, from your initial contact until the time you step aboard your yacht. In addition, our prompt and knowledgeable guidance plus expertise as a long standing and top USVI and BVI yacht charter broker come at no additional cost to you./p>
A sampling of key details that require our professional expertise:
- Contract use and understanding
- Knowledge and expert advice regarding which yachts and crews are fully legal to charter in the BVI or USVI or both
- Trip insurance considerations and source recommendations
- Fiduciary responsibility regarding charter funds plus our consistent use of an established stateside escrow account
- Completion of and guidance with our exclusive online preference form
- Discussion and insider knowledge regarding your best itinerary choices
- Unique insight and assistance with related details such as flights, hotel stays, inter island transfers, possible fishing licenses, scuba diving, etc.
Carefree Booking Process
Yacht Selection Steps
- With our expert guidance, select your preferred charter yacht and crew
- We’ll confirm availability and rates for the yacht
- We’ll place a complimentary 2 week hold on the yacht and dates. Please note that this hold can be challenged by another interested broker/party. See further details regarding a challenge below.
- Once a hold is in place, you should double check appropriate flights. It is recommended that you do not confirm any flights until we are in a position to confirm your charter and you have presented us with your potential flight itinerary to ensure that your flights as well as any necessary inter island transfers align well with your charter. Learn more about getting to the BVI.
The Hold/Challenge Process
- A hold is good for two weeks. However, it can be challenged by another broker/party during regular business hours. If challenged, we would then have 48 business hours to confirm the charter on our end (with signed contract and appropriate deposit in our hands) or give up the hold to the challenging broker.
- If you wish to challenge a hold on another yacht, we will inform the Manager about our official challenge, and then the other broker/party will then have 48 business hours to confirm on their end or give up the dates to us. Before challenging, you need to be 100% certain that you will confirm the charter, should we gain control of the dates.
- Once your hold is in place, we’ll send you a a standard industry contract for your review and have you sign up for a Carefree online account. An email/password combination you choose will give you and your charter group varying levels of access as you progress towards a booking.
- You’ll sign the appropriate industry contract and provide an appropriate deposit. A 25% deposit is due if your charter is more than 6 months out. A 50% deposit is due if your charter is less than 6 months out. For last minute charters within 1 month of the charter start date, a 100% deposit is due.
- We accept checks, wire transfers, direct deposits or major credit cards for payment. Carefree Yacht Charters® accepts and processes the following major credit cards for your convenience and at no additional cost to you: MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. As Carefree Yacht Charters® processes cards directly and within the continental United States, you avoid possible surcharges for credit card use or foreign transaction fees. (Limitations may apply.)
- Once we have your signed contract and deposit funds in hand, we will book your charter. Dependent on the yacht of your choice, the Owner may need to counter sign the contract before the charter is booked.
Balance of the Carefree Booking Process
- Once your charter is confirmed you will gain full access into your online charter area, which includes timeline details, valuable charter information, plus your online preference form.
- At this point you can sit back, relax and rest assured that we will keep you abreast of anything you should be doing or thinking about for your upcoming charter. After all, our goal is to keep the entire process as Carefree as possible!
A family that we booked aboard 52' Catamaran Grace in early July 2021 said:
Lynne was a phenomenal guide (the Charter Sherpa we needed) from start to end and was very insightful and patient as we figured out what boat and crew would be the perfect trip for our family of 5 for a special trip. She helped us quickly narrow down a few boats based on our preferences and understand the process all the way to the contract and insurance as well as other important logistics. It was an epic trip on all fronts and we can't recommend strongly enough Lynne and Grace with the magnificent team of Joseph, Britta and Zoie.
Simms & Kelly J., Georgia
Why Choose Carefree Yacht Charters®?
Our Experience & Expertise Are Priceless
Our Experience Makes Us Unique: The Carefree Team's tenure includes 16 years in business as professional Yacht Charter Brokers, including owner-dedicated service from start to finish on each and every charter. Our Team also offers our clients 25 years of experience as professional Crew on various highly successful yachts in the BVI, USVI & Caribbean. When combined, Your Carefree Team is uniquely qualified to seamlessly handle your trip of a lifetime.
Expertise Sets Us Apart: Lynne Campbell, Founder, Managing Director, and Broker, has over 25 years of key industry experience, including 16 years in business as the owner & lead broker of Carefree Yacht Charters. With a majority of those years as a top broker within the industry, Lynne has navigated it all, including countless blue sky charter days, but also through hurricanes and the covid pandemic. Repeat clients have come to rely on Lynne's expertise to guide them during mainly smooth sailing, but also through any unforeseen stormy weather that might be just beyond the horizon.
Contact us Today
Call us in our South Florida office at 954-980-9281 or complete our Quick Request Form. We'll quickly match you with a charter that fits your budget, style and interests. Or, get started by viewing a sampling of our popular USVI yacht charters or our popular BVI yacht charters.
More From Carefree Yacht Charters®
Your Charter Experts
Learn more about Carefree Yacht Charters®, our BVI Experience, plus more about the different crewed yacht charter types we offer.
Our charter FAQ's page may answer many of the other questions you may have regarding a crewed charter in the BVI. Contact the charter experts now to get immediate assistance regarding any questions you may have.
The Crewed Charter Yacht Experience
Personalized and private, embark on the vacation of a lifetime! Learn more about what these crewed charters offer.